FOOD SERVICE TIMES
Monday & Tuesday CLOSED
Wednesday & Thursday 12pm to 8pm
Friday & Saturday 12pm to 8:30pm
Sunday 12pm to 7:30pm
- Disabled Access
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor Seating
- Families and Children Welcome
About The Pickled Goose
Reopening 4th July 2020
• The whole pub, as well as the kitchen, has had a thorough deep clean, with all surfaces and furnishings cleaned & sanitised
• We have undertaken a thorough risk assessment to ensure we mitigate the risk of COVID 19 transmission
• We have rearranged tables & chairs and removed stools from the bar area
• The beer garden has been thoroughly cleaned
• Signage is in place to remind you to social distance and follow government guidelines
• We have conducted training for all staff to ensure that they can care for our customers in a safe, professional, and hygienic manner
• We will be operating a table service only policy inside the pub and in the beer garden whilst adhering to social distancing rules
• All tables must be booked in advance, bookings can be made at www.resdiary.com/restaurant/thepickledgoose
• To reduce staff table time and provide a smooth service we will be asking all customers to pre order their choices in advance of their arrival
• Card details will be securely added to each booking, these will be used to make payment against your bill
• Customers will enter the pub via the side door from the car park side, to be greeted & seated by a member of staff either at the bar or at the host station
• We will have a single door entry and exit system in place, social distancing should be adhered to as much as possible
• On arrival please sanitise your hands at the sanitising station by the front door, there are multiple sanitising stations throughout the pub
• Always observe social distancing and adhere to measures in place for your safety
• Ensure children remain with their parent/guardian at all times
• Please remain seated at your table unless absolutely necessary
• Drinking at the bar will not be allowed
• We have set up a safe working practice for staff behind the scenes so that they can socially distance when collecting/returning food to the kitchen
• Napkins, condiments & cutlery will be brought to your table after ordering and placed at the end of your table
• All drinks and food will be delivered to the end of your table, please return empty plates and glasses to the end for staff to collect
• Please be respectful and patient with our team and other customers
• If you have a high temperature, feel unwell or if any one in your household have symptoms to stay at home until you’re well again
We came to the Pickled Goose on the 10th July. It was our first experience of eating out after lockdown and we were made to feel very safe and comfortable in your restaurant. The restaurant is very spacious so the social distancing was easy. The staff were very friendly but seemed comfortable with the distancing when serving. The food, as usual was excellent and our friends were very impressed with everything. The online ordering worked well and cuts down on staff/customer contact without feeling that something is missing. Thank you to all the staff. I have posted something on Facebook and will highly recommend you to my friends. Good luck
The pickled goose is very stylish and the food is of the best in Lancashire. Faultless
Great food, great staff, great service as always! We have missed coming during lockdown and so glad to be able to come back :-)
The venue is good. Not a lot of atmosphere as only about 4 tables full due to reopening, but I've been before and it's a lovely warm place. Staff very good and trying hard to keep us safe. All taking it seriously but with a smile and light chat. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Had a fabulous time Social distancing and sanatising taken seriously Food was great as were the staff
We were staying in Barton for an overnight on business . The hotel we were staying at did not have a suitable menu for my Husband or myself and we were so happy to have stumbled on the gem of The Pickled Goose . We thoroughly enjoyed the experience of dining their. The menu, service and atmosphere were great.
We had a very special meal and felt very safe and taken care of with the new way of doing things (due to Covid).
Delightful to be with familiar and friendly staff in what is a new venue for us, being regular and grateful visitors to their sister establishment The Royal Oak Riley Green. It was understandably quiet but all of the protocols for social distancing were well thought out and diminished nothing from the welcome we received. Having pre-ordered all was on hand when we were ready. Excellent dishes, very wholesome and cheerily presented, this was a good find and recommendation. Just so good to be out for a treat again.
Best food I’ve had in a restaurant for a very long time, reasonably priced for the quality you receive, only thing for me is the menu is a little limited, nevertheless would recommend to anyone 👍🏻
Very professional and Courteous In these difficult times. We felt safe with the procedures that were in place, well laid out with good food. Will book again soon.
Lovely restaurant with fabulous service, it does however feel quite cavernous, made worse when it’s quiet
Lovely evening, food and service were first class (as always!) the new rules for covid were executed professionally and didn't take anything away from a delightful evening. Thank you to all the staff, we will be seeing you very soon 😊
Fantastic service on Saturday evening from all the staff I felt safe and the social distance tactic was suburb. Not over crowded at all. Well done... I will certainly be back.
Really enjoyed the visit and even in these challenging times the was no change to the quality of food and atmosphere.
Made to feel very safe on the first day back open. Service was run in a very careful and attentive manner
Good social distancing
We were unlucky and our meal was dissapointing. The sirloin steak at £24 each was very poor quality, fatty and very chewy. One had to be sent back as it was inedable we put up with the other two. Staff, the drinks and service was fine
Enjoyable meal with good food and excellent service
We all had lovely food and enjoyed ourselves but the cost of the meal and subsequent bill was higher than I’ve paid at other good Preston restaurants.
Amazing as always
Absolutely delicious food. Wonderful standard and superb staff. Recommended.
Up until leaving I was very happy with timings, service, choice of menu etc This was let down by not one single member of staff, who appeared to be huddled in a group, recognising our departure and letting my group leave without any acknowledgement, good night, thank you etc. not a thing, poor.
Exellent food would highly reccomend
Great food with excellent friendly service!