FOOD SERVICE TIMES
Monday & Tuesday CLOSED
Wednesday & Thursday 12pm to 8pm
Friday & Saturday 12pm to 8:30pm
Sunday 12pm to 7:30pm
- Disabled Access
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor Seating
- Families and Children Welcome
About The Pickled Goose
Reopening 4th July 2020
• The whole pub, as well as the kitchen, has had a thorough deep clean, with all surfaces and furnishings cleaned & sanitised
• We have undertaken a thorough risk assessment to ensure we mitigate the risk of COVID 19 transmission
• We have rearranged tables & chairs and removed stools from the bar area
• The beer garden has been thoroughly cleaned
• Signage is in place to remind you to social distance and follow government guidelines
• We have conducted training for all staff to ensure that they can care for our customers in a safe, professional, and hygienic manner
• We will be operating a table service only policy inside the pub and in the beer garden whilst adhering to social distancing rules
• All tables must be booked in advance, bookings can be made at www.resdiary.com/restaurant/thepickledgoose
• To reduce staff table time and provide a smooth service we will be asking all customers to pre order their choices in advance of their arrival
• Card details will be securely added to each booking, these will be used to make payment against your bill
• Customers will enter the pub via the side door from the car park side, to be greeted & seated by a member of staff either at the bar or at the host station
• We will have a single door entry and exit system in place, social distancing should be adhered to as much as possible
• On arrival please sanitise your hands at the sanitising station by the front door, there are multiple sanitising stations throughout the pub
• Always observe social distancing and adhere to measures in place for your safety
• Ensure children remain with their parent/guardian at all times
• Please remain seated at your table unless absolutely necessary
• Drinking at the bar will not be allowed
• We have set up a safe working practice for staff behind the scenes so that they can socially distance when collecting/returning food to the kitchen
• Napkins, condiments & cutlery will be brought to your table after ordering and placed at the end of your table
• All drinks and food will be delivered to the end of your table, please return empty plates and glasses to the end for staff to collect
• Please be respectful and patient with our team and other customers
• If you have a high temperature, feel unwell or if any one in your household have symptoms to stay at home until you’re well again
Your blade of beef was awesome. Also, many eating places treat the vegetables on a Sunday lunch as an afterthought but the care to took to make high quality and delicious accompaniments was very much appreciated. Where we were sat could get missed by the serving staff and we had to make an effort to hail them. Thank you very much for a wonderful dinner
We enjoyed a lovely meal sitting in the restaurant's excellent outdoor area. Very good service and all covid precautions observed but did not spoil our dining experience at all. Will definitely return and recommend to friends and family.
Excellent social distancing set up. Well thought out and executed
Loved it. Staff lovely. Food delicious
5 stars all round. Lovely pub, love the decor and the food was great. We'll definitely be back.
Super friendly and knowledgable staff Delicious food and good value for money
A lovely restaurant serving delicious food
Excellent service from all of the staff and the food was absolutely outstanding !!
Food was excellent but as usual we ordered too much! The pea and lettuce risotto was amazing, as were the Haddock goujons. Was difficult to judge atmosphere as it was mid afternoon so we knew it wouldn’t be busy, took our dog who happily sat in a shady corner at our table on the terrace. The only negative was that in 30degree heat (unusual for Preston I know) there needs to be more than one table in the shade, for some reason the large umbrellas were over the small tables in the middle of the terrace that were classed as serving stations for the waiting staff to serve from. Staff very friendly and adhered to COVID rules for safe distancing.
Always a good service and quality food. Excellent COVID-19 procedures in place.
Excellent experience in all areas. Tables were very well spaced out. Felt very safe. Food outstanding. Will definitely be coming back. Thank you
Perhaps there should be some salads available in summer.
Excellent food with great service! Went at lunch time and had pub tapas which were amazing. The staff could not have been more friendly and they certainly have the social distancing measures all sorted! Will definitely be going back and very happy to recommend.
Amazing, lovely ladies who are very helpful. We were aiming for the scorton but the traffic was all bad we decided to try our luck and stop there. With covid we checked the website stating we needed a booking. We rang from the car park and they were most accomodating. Would highly recommend they saved our day out!!!
Lovely food and staff. Will be returning very soon.
Lovely dining pub who made us feel welcome. Food amazing!!!
Came here with my dad to Celebrate my university results and loved it so much I booked a table the following week for me and my girlfriend. Food is brilliant and so is the service. Would highly recommend to anyone.
We visited the Pickled Goose for the first time on Saturday since restrictions on dining out were lifted. It was an absolutely delightful experience, the tables are already very spaced out so social distancing was not an issue! All expectations are explained upon booking and again once you have been seated at your table along with a written reminder. The food was amazing as always and the staff were fantastic, our waitress definitely made the evening more relaxed and enjoyable with her incredible personality, we will definitely be visiting again.
First time out loved it thank you
Food very nicely presented. Staff very welcoming and polite.
Great place , Great food and definitely worth a visit
Excellent service, overall very good
Welcomed very politely at the door and taken to our table. All staff was very polite and always had a smile on there face. Felt very relaxed throughout our visit. Would highly recommend to people and will b visiting again very soon.
Excellent service with attention to detail in what they do, the food was exceptional and you get what you pay for. Presentation was what you expect at this high end restaurant and would highly recommend a visit as you will not be disappointed, the sister establishment The Royal Oak at Riley Green is another fine dining experience if you are ever in the area. Well done The team at the Pickled Goose.
I have visited the Pickled Goose twice recently for the Sunday lunch and both times I have been very impressed with the service and delicious food. Lovely atmosphere and great value for the quality of food. I will be booking again soon! Thank you