Tuesday - Friday: 12.00pm - 2.30pm
Sunday: 12.00pm - 3.00pm
Monday - Friday: 6.00pm - 9.30pm
- Disabled Access
- Outside Seating Area
- Families and Children Welcome
- Easy Access
- Free WiFi
- Gluten Free Available
- Weddings and Other Private Parties Catered for
- Children's Menu available
- Business Lunch
- Families and Children Welcome at lunch
- Well Behaved Children Welcome
About The Lock Bar and Kitchen
The Lock Bar and Kitchen located on the banks of the River Thames right beside the 'Bell Weir Lock' offers a sense of occasion without pretence, in a relaxed and informal setting. A place for you to enjoy together with friends and family.
Expect home style cooking with dishes that we all know and love; nothing fussy or complicated, just straightforward hearty dishes, prepared daily from the highest quality, fresh ingredients.
Our menu changes regularly to reflect the tastiest seasonal produce available with daily specials featured on our blackboard.
Along side our regular menu, every Sunday lunch we will be offering our 'Sunday Best' lunch. We know that we may never outdo mum’s Sunday roast, but ours comes close!
Enjoy our mouth-watering two course Sunday lunch for just £18.95.
We hope that you enjoy…
Another most enjoyable themed lunch at The Runnymede. The food was delicious as ever and your staff looked after us well. Rebecca demonstrated how to make a beautiful bouquet. Amazing value for money and a most enjoyable event. Thank you Runnymede! Shirley O’Connell
Excellent meal and good wine choice advice. I requested a particular table by the patio doors and happened to mention it was my husbands birthday. The table was confirmed and at the end of our meal my husband was presented with a small cake with a candle to celebrate. Absolutely lovely. Thankyou
Excellent helpful staff & very good food.
Another lovely afternoon watching a flower arrangement demonstration whilst eating a superb lunch with a delicious glass of white wine. Such good value for money and my lucky friend had the winning ticket to take home the flower arrangement. Can’t wait for the next one, thank you Runnymede Hotel for hosting lovely events.
Very enjoyable experience excellent food
Food was nice and good value for Fish Friday half price. Service was good but not outstanding.
The service was very poor, had to wait ages for our main course and pudding. Had to give up on the coffee as it took to long to be served and our taxi by this time was waiting. Difficult to find anyone to give us the bill, shan't hurry back unless the service improve.
Sat outside on a warm evening.
Every time we eat at The Lock, we know that the meal and service will be fantastic, it never disappoints.
We had a lovely evening the staff were very friendly and helpful ! And also felt they really loved their job . The food was amazing ! Couldn’t ask for better
The food was very good - the only fault was the service was little slow on the drinks. Would recommend eating here if staying at the hotel.
The food is reasonable, the location could be lovely but the loud wedding in function area right next door was extremely disruptive and ruined the atmosphere. Clearly the hotel has to make a choice between loud weddings versus providing guests of the restaurant somewhere relaxing to eat. We were not the only ones complaining!
I think the managers name is Louisa is excellent and makes every visit lovely Staff were great on the day as well Fab location on beautiful day Anne
Fantastic service, great food at a very reasonable price. These 3 factors combined made this an evening to remember. 100% recommendation. I will return. Thank you!
Beautiful place and great service
Lovely spot. Great service. Child friendly.
1. I was eating alone and I was seated at a table for 4 - this makes the customer feel uncomfortable 2. I was offered water while I looked at the menu - it took over 5 mins before I received it 3. My waiter did not inform me or possibly didn’t know that it was “burger night” when I first ordered - another member of staff came up to me - informed me that it was - then too quickly rattled off the “deal” which left me quite confused and it also meant that I had over ordered as the beverage was included - Then - my main was delivered to my table before I had even halfway finished my starter ! When i pointed this out (though it should have been obvious) the waiter said she would take the burger away and “Keep it warm “. !!! That is ridiculous!! And unacceptable I would have thought to any Chef 4 I was asked how I would like it cooked and so I specifically ordered medium rare - and said that if did not want it well done ! It was well done ! And dry
Best place to eat in the area
Friendly helpful staff incredibly efficient with good food at very reasonable prices We will be back
It was a lovely experience. The food was excellent and the staff was very professional. I would recommend this restaurant very highly. It was a very pleasant experience. Thank you very much.
The staff were so welcoming and friendly. Really made our dinner special. The food was amazing. We have starter, main and dessert. Would highly recommend for dinner. Thank you for our anniversary chocolates too.
Great food and great staff! Thank you.