Notes to guests:
• The restaurant service may be suspended, or amended, at any time as part of HOL’s response to a significant risk, threat or instance of disruption from external events, agencies or persons, or other emergency or as a result of a change to the business of either House, for example in the event of a recall of Parliament, or because of a ceremonial or similar event of constitutional importance.
• The entry to the Palace for confirmed reservations (emailed booking confirmation and photo identification is required) is via the Cromwell Green visitor entrance: http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/access/directions
Please note that all visitors are subject to an airport style security search http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/access/security
You are advised to arrive at least 25 minutes prior to your booking time to allow plenty of time to pass through security.
• Please note that the House of Lords reserves the right to make a charge of £15.00 per person booked if a cancellation is made within 72 hours of the reserved date and time or if a confirmed reservation fails to arrive. The charge will be made to the credit card details given to confirm the reservation (American Express Card will not be accepted).
• Photography and the use of mobile phones is not permitted in the Peers’ Dining Room.
• All persons and baggage are subject to security searches at any time. Customers shall bring no baggage larger than hand luggage (56cm x 45cm x 25cm) through any pedestrian security search point.
• The personal data collected on this website will be held and processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’). The Clerk of the House is the data controller for HOL. The information you provide will be processed for the purpose of restaurant table reservations and will not be shared unless there is authorisation or a legitimate reason for doing so in accordance with the Act. The information you provide will be retained on the system for 3 years for the purposes of:
• administering your reservation;
• tailoring our services to your requirements and preferences.
If you have any concerns about what we will do with the information you provide, please contact the restaurant directly
- Disabled Access
- Gluten Free Available
- Business Lunch
About Peers' Dining Room at the House of Lords
The House of Lords is the second chamber of the UK Parliament and occupies the southern part of the historic Palace of Westminster. Exquisite fine dining coupled with the magnificent setting of the Palace of Westminster ensures an exclusive experience like no other.
We look forward to warmly welcoming you into this exceptional space.
Guests joining us for lunch will have access to the House of Lords Gift Shop which is open Monday to Friday 12.00pm to 5.00pm.
A small selection of merchandise is also available online at www.shop.parliament.uk
For further information or to be added to our mailing, please email the Peers’ Dining Room team - [email protected] (Monday – Thursday: 10.30am – 5.30pm).
What an amazing and privileged experience this was! It was the best lunch we have ever eaten and second only to the dinner where I proposed. The ambience is unrivalled being at the private dining chambers of the House of Lords where the Peers dine. This was only available since Parliament was in recess due to the National Election which happened the day before we dined. Consequently there was lots of buzz surrounding Parliament from the world's media. The food was stunning, fresh, creative and all-around excellent. Worthy of a Michelin star. The staff were professional and also quite excited they were serving members of the public for a change Vs the high and mighty of UK politics. Prior to lunch we had drinks in the Member's bar overlooking the Thames and a look inside the House of Commons. After lunch we had a brief look into the House of Lords and also the Royal Gallery where Queen Elizabeth will walk during the State Opening of Parliament this week to welcome Boris Johnson's new Conservative government. Would love to dine there again and would recommend it to anyone! As a finale, we spent far too much in the excellent gift shop buying Christmas goodies! Rule Britania :)
This is the same review as my last! Such an amazing time, from the first moment of greeting, to the Peer's Bar and then the Peer's Dining room, absolutely incredible. The service and food were the best I have ever encountered! I honestly cannot recommend this highly enough. Absolutely amazing, thank you so much. I honestly thought my last visit could not be bettered but I was wrong! Thank you again
Such an amazing time, from the first moment of greeting, to the Peer's Bar and then the Peer's Dining room, absolutely incredible. The service and food were the best I have ever encountered! I honestly cannot recommend this highly enough. Absolutely amazing, thank you so much.
a very special experience in a perfect venue with great food...
Truly outstanding afternoon from start to finish. I never thought I would find myself drinking cocktails in the house of Lords before enjoying a beautiful cooked and presented three course lunch.The staff are just so friend and service is outstanding better than some of London 5* hotels.
Thank you for unforgettable experience... Enjoyed every minute of it... food was excellent, staff were very friendly and everything else was simply beautiful...
Staff were very welcoming and friendly we were a group of four and all of us really enjoyed our visit
This is my second visit. Such a pleasure. Thank you to the attentive and friendly staff who make it so special.
Had an amazing day today Special thank you to george
The whole experience was first class from arrival to departure. All of the staff were very professional, efficient and also attentive. The food was well cooked, presented and cleverly put together. Lots of interesting flavours coming through. The wine seemed good value. A great experience and highly recommended.
The stars were the staff, with the food a close second.
The only thing that needs a review is the standard of the Martini in the Lords bar. It was served in a whisky glass with ice in it! Needs to be vodka or gin, dry vermouth shaken over ice and poured into a martini glass with a twist! Everything else was fabulous thank you.
Very friendly polite and informative staff , could not do enough to make the experience more enjoyable . Thank you and keep up the excellent work . Look forward to the next opportunity to visit you .
Throughly enjoyable experience
Excellent food & service.
I thoroughly enjoyed my fourth visit to the Peers' Dining Room and would recommend it to all. The staff are excellent and dedicated to ensuring every detail is special. The food was delicious, presented beautifully and I had lots of gluten free options. I have previously brought friends and family who have always been impressed with the magnificent setting and we have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Thank you Peer's Dining Room for a wonderful lunch we will never forget!
A fantastic and unique experience
Can't wait to return!
Absolutely brilliant experience. The staff are amazing. Highly recommended it.
We had the most wonderful time today and would like to thank all the staff for looking after us so well. The food was superb and we will definitely be back when you open to the public again.
Obviously it is a unique experience, but it is worth saying that the food is of a high quality and beautifully presented. What is truly exceptional, however, is the remarkable charm of the staff. They are absolutely lovely and I would like to thank them for making the atmosphere so warm and welcoming.
Amazing lunch! I’ve now been twice in the past month. Starters were amazing